safe quality chicken
Just BARE chicken is guaranteed fresh, natural and wholesome. And the manufacturer’s freshness date code found on every package helps ensure goodness for your table.
- Come from humanely raised Midwestern chickens. Just BARE chickens are a hardy breed. Raised on independent family farms in Minnesota and Wisconsin where they're free to roam in modern, climate-controlled barns. They have easy access to highly digestible corn-based feed, produced by our own feed mills and developed by experienced animal nutritionists, and fresh filtered water. Learn more.
- Are USDA-inspected for wholesomeness. Product is quickly cooled for safety in about half the time allowed and monitored to ensure it is kept below the recommended food-safe temperature of 40°F.
- Are third-party audited for food safety and good manufacturing practices. All of the processing facilities responsible for producing Just BARE achieved Safe Quality Foods 2000 Level 2 certification from the Safe Quality Food Institute in January of 2011.
- Are HACCP compliant (Short for Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point System, HACCP is a plan that sets the process for inspection and monitoring of food safety and has greatly reduced the incidence of potentially harmful bacteria on fresh poultry). However, the proper handling and cooking of chicken is always necessary to ensure food safety.
- Are truthfully labeled. All claims and statements on our labels have been reviewed and approved by the USDA Food and Inspection Service.
Learn more about our safe quality in the FAQ section.